Chowking has been serving students and people with jobs far away from home, Filipino-chinese style home cooked meals the fast way. One of their favorites and wallet saviors is their Chao Fan.
With savory flavors by either chicken or beef and adding that extra crunch and freshness of vegetables, Chowking’s Chao Fan has been battling for the number 1 spot for fried rice in Filipinos hearts.
Now you can cook your own chao fan that taste like what chowking offers.
Wanna know the secret ingredients and steps for the perfect Chowking Style Chao Fan? Check the recipe here!
- 6-8 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup choice of meat (ground beef or ground chicken)
- ¼ cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- Sauté garlic in oil until golden brown in medium heat.
- Add onion and stir until translucent.
- Add your choice of meat and stir occasionally until cooked.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, salt and pepper then stir continuously.
- Add chili and curry powder and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add cooked rice and mix until slightly brown.
- Add beaten eggs and stir until it becomes completely distributed and cooked.
- Stir in green onions right before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!
Chowking-Style Chao Fan recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!