Chocolate muffins Recipes
- 250g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar (or 125g caster sugar and 50g muscovado sugar)
- 175ml milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml mild olive oil (or you can use sunflower oil if too strong-flavoured)
- 75g plain chocolate chunks
- 1-2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C, gas 5. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in the sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and mix lightly together.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake for approximately 20 mins or until golden and springy to the touch. Cool for 10 mins; transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.