Choco Puto Cheese Recipes
- 1 cup cake flour ( I prefer cake flour, it tends to be more softer, fluffy and cushy than all purpose flour).
- 1-1/2 tbs cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup+1 tbs sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup full cream milk/ whole milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 whole large egg
- 2 tbs melted butter, unsalted
- slice cheese
- Lightly grease puto molder with cooking oil.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients and then sift 2-3 times. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with wire whisk attachment, pour water, milk,egg, buttter and vanilla essence.
- Mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Fill ¾ of the prepared puto molders with batter and the slice cheese.
- Steam puto for 20-25 minutes.
- Make sure to place cheesecloth over the steamer before putting back the lid.
- Once puto is cooked, remove from the steamer and allow them to cool for at least 3-5 minutes before removing from molders.
- Share and enjoy!