Choco Leche Flan Recipe
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- Medium heat large pan or a steamer with a litre of water, you must cover it to get the maximum heat.
- Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins.
- Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melt, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when the caramel syrup turns light brown.
- To coat all sides you must tilt the mold around and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs together, pour in chocolate syrup and whisk, add condensed and evaporated milk, vanilla extract and continue to whisk until combined. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer chocolate mixture into tins to get rid lumpy bits and air bubbles.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy.
- Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done.
- Turn off the fire and transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate Choco Leche flan for about 30 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve cold