Sizzling Chicken Sisig is the chicken version of the popular sisig dish. This recipe is quick and easy and can be low in fat depending on the type and amount of mayonnaise that will be used.
Sisig is known to be a fatty dish because it usually uses fatty parts of the pig such as the ears and face; the original recipe also uses the brain of the pig as a binder. Chicken sisig, on the other hand, can be considered as a healthier alternative because chicken meat has lesser fat. This recipe in particular makes uses of skinless chicken breast; it is low in fat and high in protein.
- 10 pcs of whole chicken thighs/legs
- 3 big onions
- 5 pcs of green chilis (siling haba)
- 100 grams of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Debone the chicken and chop into small pieces.
- Chop the onions and green chilis.
- Heat up the pan and sauté the onion until it’s half cooked then set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the chopped chicken until it’s tender but if it has broth throw that. Chicken needs to be cooked until it’s a little bit brown.
- When the chicken is cooked, pour the cooked onions.
- Pour salt, pepper, lemon juice, soy sauce and vinegar. The measurement depends on your taste buds. The technique to not overdo it is to pour little by littleuntil you get your desired taste.
- Lastly pour the chopped chilis. And top with eggs.
- Serve hot and enjoy your chicken sisig!