Chicken Asado or Asadong Manok is an awesome Filipino chicken dish and one of the best bets of the province of Pampanga. This dish uses simple ingredients and the cooking process is not so complicated.
Though the common asado is not reddish and its color is usually dark, this recipe uses tomato sauce as the base ingredient.
You may though this is just an ordinary dish, but assured that you will be mesmerized right after the spoon left your mouth.
Try this chicken asado recipe and taste it for yourself!
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup butter/margarine
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 2 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup lemon/calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heated pan or pot, pour-in the cooking oil & fry the chicken. Set aside after.
- In a heated pot or wok, put-in the butter/margarine.
- When the butter/margarine is hot enough, sauté the onions until soft in texture.
- Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Asado!
Chicken Asado recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!