- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 to 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon white sugar
- Salt & whole peppercorn
- In a bowl, marinade the chicken with soy sauce and garlic for 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat a pan then place cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the marinated chicken. Cook until all portions are golden brown. Set aside once fried.
- In the pan, pour in water and remaining marinade then bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, dried bay leaves and peppercorns. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add potato, salt and sugar then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and stir then remove from heat.
- Serve hot & enjoy!