Cassava (Kamoteng Kahoy) Suman Recipe
- 2 lbs. grated cassava
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- Banana leaves for wrapping, cut into 12 x 6 inch pieces
- Combine the cassava and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add the coconut cream. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Scoop about ½ cup of mixture and arrange on one side of the banana leaf. Mold the mixture so that it appears to be cylindrical in shape, with the length of about 4 to 5 inches.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap the mixture. Make sure that the leaf is not loose so that the mixture can use it as a mold. Secure the top and bottom part of the leaf by folding it inward in the same direction.
- Boil about 5 to 6 cups of water in a steamer.
- Arrange the wrapped cassava suman on the steamer and then steam for 30 to 35 minutes or until the texture becomes firm.
- Remove from the steamer and let the temperature cool down.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
- Source: panlasangpinoy.com
- Image: definitelyfilipino.com