CASSAVA CAKE WITH MACAPUNO RECIPE
- 2 packages (4 cups) grated cassava
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use ¾ only)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter , melted for baking tray
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- Toppings Mixture for Cassava Cake:
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter.
- Adjust sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Grease all sides of baking pan with melted butter or margarine.
- Pour in cassava mixture.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When the cassava has dried after 45 minutes, add the Topping Mixture.
- Then, return it back to the oven. Broil for another 5 minutes until the toppings is cooked. Just dry but not brown.
- Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese.