Crispy Pata With Special Sauce Recipe
- 1 whole pig’s leg (pata, about 3-4 lbs) cleaned
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 4-6 star anise (optional)
- 6 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp leeks
- 1 tbsp sili green
- 12-15 cups water
- 8-12 cups cooking oil
For The Special Sauce (Mix These Ingredients):
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ red finger chilli in diagonal slices
- 2 shallots or half a red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh ginger
- Pour water in a cooking pot then let boil. Put in dried bay leaves, wholepeppercorn, star anise, leeks, sili green and 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the whole pig’s legs in the cooking pot then simmer until the leg becomes tender (about 45 to 60 minutes). Remove the tender leg from thecooking pot and set aside until the temperature goes down.
- Heat a clean large cooking pot (preferably with cover) and pour in cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, deep fry the rubbed pork leg.
- Continue cooking in medium heat until one side becomes crispy, and then cautiously flip the leg to crisp the other side.