Looking for something new dish to cook with your favorite beef? Then why not try this beef and broccoli in oyster sauce recipe we have for you. Surely this dish will satisfy your crave for something meaty and savoring. Aside from the beef, this recipe uses flavorings and other ingredients such as flank steak, broccoli, garlic, cornstarch, cooked rice and soy sauce. This mouthwatering dish will make your meal a hit. Now you can have this meaty, silky and made even more tastier beef that is also perfect to serve with plain cooked rice. Also, you don’t need to worry if you are not that good in the kitchen, surely you will be able to prepare this dish using this very easy to follow recipe. A mouthwatering dish, so cook it now using this easy to follow recipe and add this to your file of dishes to cook during gatherings and simple get together with family and even with friends. Surely they will love visiting you as you put this palatable dish on the dining table. Or perhaps, you are just looking for comforting food to enjoy by yourself. Happy cooking!
- 3/4 pound flank steak, sliced very thin and against the grain
- 4 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil like vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- cooked white rice
For the beef marinade:
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place the sliced beef in a large ziplock bag. Stir together the marinade ingredients and pour into the bag. Smoosh to coat the beef in the mixture, then let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 2 minutes, or until crisp tender. Do not overcook as the broccoli will cook a bit more later in the recipe.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat an electric wok, or very large skillet, to high heat. Add the oil then gently place the beef in the wok and spread into a single layer. Let the beef cook for 1 minute without touching it.
- Add the garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute, then add in the sauce and broccoli. Bring the sauce to a boil, then add in the cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.