- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 ripe bananas (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a pan along with the brown sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish and spread it out.
- Cover with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Stir the eggs, sour cream and bananas into the butter and sugar.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Gently spread the batter over the bananas in the pan
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.