Banana Leche Flan Recipe
- 1 big can (15oz) evaporated milk
- 1 big can(14oz) condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 aluminum molds (llanera) for leche flan
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 riped banana, mashed
- For the Caramel:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- In a small bowl, mix thoroughly sugar & water and pour into the molds equally. Heat molds with sugar and water mixture on low fire until the sugar is caramelized. Set aside and let cool. Note: The caramelized mixture should solidify once totally cooled.
- In a bowl, mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, mashed banana, a dash of cinnamon and pinch of salt manually or by blender.
- Pour gently the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds to about 1¼ inch thick.
- Cover molds individually with aluminum foil. Steam for about 30 minutes OR bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- To tell whether the leche flan is already cooked, insert a knife on the mixture and if it comes out clean then the flan is already cooked.
- Let cool and keep refrigerated.
- How to serve: Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.
- Image: bettycrocker.com