This dish have an astonishingly full-flavor. Spaghetti aglio olio or spaghetti pasta with garlic and oil is a traditional Italian dish. This dish is made of sauteed garlic in olive oil then toss in spaghetti pasta. Sometimes chili flakes is added, clams and basil to contribute an extra-ordinary taste. Aglio olio is usually serve as meryenda (mid-afternoon snack) or in any special occasion.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Recipe may look intimidating, but there is one dish that is so simple to cook that even beginners in the kitchen will find it easy to prepare.
This oil-based sauce pasta is close to the heart of most Italians since many consider it as a comfort food. Back then, mothers usually serve a hot bowl of Aglio e Olio to their kids after school, which is why the dish often brings
- 250 grams spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Salt for pasta water
- cups of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
- On a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes, stir until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cooked pasta to the oil mixture and add one teaspoon of salt.
- If the mixture is a bit dry, add the pasta water.
- To plate, add the parsley and Parmesan then toss.
- Season according to taste.
- Serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.