Adobong Balut with Tofu Recipe
- 10 pieces of Balut (boiled for few hours and peeled)
- 1 whole Tofu (sliced in big cubes)
- 1 large white onion (chopped finely)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (minced and chopped)
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 small pack oyster sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 pieces of Laurel (bay leaves)
- 3 pieces of chili or ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Right after boiling the Balut eggs, the next step is to put their juices on the bowl and peel them before putting them as well.
- Afterwards, preheat the saucepan in medium fire before sautéing the garlic and onion in the vegetable until golden brown.
- Fry the Tofu for about 5 minutes before frying the peeled eggs slowly also. After 3-5 minutes, add the vinegar, soy sauce, water and the set aside Balut juice. Stir gently to balance the color, and then add the oyster sauce, chili, laurel, pepper, brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Let boil and simmer for at least 10-minutes before placing the cooked dish on a large platter.
- Just a simply reminder, this is a very nutritious dish because it is higher in protein and for those who have high blood pressure, they need to limit their consumption. Enjoy and happy eating!